Towson Maryland Criminal Defense Attorney
Have you or a loved one been arrested for a crime in Maryland? Contact my law office for a confidential consultation. I can review your case and provide you with legal guidance and advice on how to best proceed. Do not go through Maryland’s criminal justice system without legal representation. Doing so can result in serious professional and personal consequences. As a Towson Maryland criminal defense attorney, I have obtained favorable results on behalf of my client’s criminal legal matters. From a reduction in charges, to case dismissal, I can help keep you out of jail and protect your reputation. Contact my Towson criminal defense law office today for a consultation. Read on to learn more about my Maryland criminal defense law practice.
Maryland Misdemeanor Offense
In Maryland, crimes are classified as either a misdemeanor or felony. A misdemeanor typically involves a low level criminal defense punishable by up to ten years imprisonment.
Misdemeanors are not classified into separate classes. I provide the following criminal defense misdemeanor representation to Maryland residents:
1. Assault in the second degree
4. Misuse of electronic mail
5. Theft of property or services valued at less than $1,000
6. Carrying a concealed dangerous weapon
7. Possession of marijuana or other controlled substance
8. Driving under the influence of alcohol (DUI) or a controlled substance
Penalties and fines for misdemeanors range from $500 to $5,000.
A felony is a crime that is punishable by serving at least one year or more in prison. Felony crimes are not classified into different classes in Maryland. I provide legal representation for the following types of felonies in Maryland:
1. Sex crimes such as rape, date rape, sexual assault and online sex crimes
3. Assault including aggravated assault, sexual assault, domestic violence and battery
4. Property crimes such as burglary, possession of burglary tools and robbery
5. Distributing a controlled dangerous substance
Criminal Defenses to Maryland Crimes
In a criminal matter, the prosecution is required to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. The defendant will be provided the opportunity to present a defense. Depending on the nature of your case, I may be able to assert the following criminal defenses to have the charge(s) asserted against you, reduced or completely dismissed:
1. Reasonable Doubt – As mentioned above, the prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant is guilty. If they are unsuccessful in doing so, the case against the defendant must be dismissed. As an experienced criminal defense attorney, I gather quality evidence to challenge the prosecution’s claims making it harder to prove my client committed a crime.
2. Alibi Defense – If you were somewhere else when the crime occurred, and you have several people that can contest to your claim, you can assert an alibi defense.
3. Self-Defense – If you were defending yourself from another person’s threats or violent actions, you may be able to assert a self-defense claim.
Other defenses you may be able to assert include insanity, entrapment, and under the influence.
Contact A Towson Maryland Criminal Defense Attorney
I invite you to contact my law office in confidence to discuss your criminal matter. I stand by my client’s side throughout the entire case. Not only do I come and visits my clients in police custody, I make sure all of their legal needs are met and that they receive the best legal defense and counseling possible. Call me today at (410) 321-8860 to find out more information about how I can help you. You can also email my Baltimore County criminal law office here.
I proudly serve those facing criminal charges in Central Maryland including Annapolis, Baltimore, Bel Air, Essex, Glen Burnie, Owings Mills and Pikesville, Maryland.